Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The United States of America

Let me just begin by saying that I am very impressed with the number of individuals that chose to go out and vote on what will become a day of great importance. On November 4, 2008, the citizens of the United States came together and elected a new president - one that I believe truly reflects the people of this country - born of different cultures, raised by his grandmother, educated in one of the top schools, and choosing to work as a public servant. The hard work and determination that brought President-elect Obama to where he is now gives me hope for the future.

Growing up, I always joked with my mother that I would become the "first female Filipina president" of the United States. Crazily enough, last night, I felt that was no longer a dream, but could potentially become a reality. I'm not announcing my foray into politics; but it gives me hope for the younger generations to see that a strong leader is one of us. That is the hope given by President-elect Obama's campaign to me, and I am grateful for that renewed sense of hope in our country.

Enjoy his speech from Grant Park last night.


"We are, and always will be, the United States of America." - Barack Obama, Grant Park, 11.04.08


No comments: