Tuesday, October 2, 2007

love is...

...not exactly perfect. and when it seems that way, i've learned, something is missing.

i'm not perfect, and i know in my head i can't expect anyone to be perfect.

but you know what i do want? i want passion and romance. it will fade, as a wise person pointed out to me, but not to have that at all - then what? you miss out on the butterflies? you miss out on the smiles that come across your face when you get a sweet email, text, or call?

i know we're not all alike. humans are just meant to be different - otherwise we'd all be boring. but as another relationship has ended, i've learned i need that passion, the fight, that drive - to feel that someone loves me for me. i keep changing for people, when all i need to do is stay and be myself.

No comments: